These are the resources we have found to support provider health and well-being through this challenging time. The sacrifices our providers are making at this time cannot be understated. We salute you.
If you are a trainee or educator, check out our COVID-19 Resident Education Resources.
We will continue to update this list. Please contact us if you have additional resources to share.
National Society Wellness Recommendations
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Psychological Association
- National Academy of Medicine Resource List
Childcare for Essential Workers
- Guidepost Montessori – offering pop up in-person childcare for essential workers and hospitals
Mental Health Resources
- Talkspace – Therapy app offering free hours of counseling for healthcare workers
- Headspace – Offering free premium access for healthcare workers
Ways to Stay Connected
- Medical Students Slack – Connecting medical students across the country to share ways they are coping and mobilizing to fight COVID-19
- Tips for using Zoom to teach, meet, and connect with friends
- Volunteer Match – Matching people who can help with people needing help
Other Readings and Literature
- Lai et al. Factors associated with mental health outcomes among health care workers exposed to Coronavirus Disease 2019. (JAMA Network, 2020 doi:10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2020.3976)
- TIME article: “How to Stay Physically and Mentally Healthy While COVID-19 Has You Stuck at Home”